Summer Student Position
Knowledge Exchange Go-Getter!!
The Resource Centre has an opening for a summer student.
- are a current and continuing secondary or post-secondary student
- are interested in or enrolled in a Marketing, Communication, Business, Recreation, Social Services or similar program
- are personable, have strong written & oral communication skills and like connecting with people in the community
- are computer tech savvy (particularly WordPress websites and researching apps)
- are able to work independently over the course of a day and are available between June-August
- would like to be mentored by some amazing people and want to be part of a game-changing team
Have we got the summer job for you!!
We are an information hub that connects members of the public to community, social and government services available here on the Sunshine Coast. Our office is in Sechelt but we provide information over the phone, by email and through our website as well. We also coordinate several community building projects – see our website to learn more about us.
Working with our friendly and passionate team of staff and volunteers you will:
- assist in the development, design and implementation of the Knowledge Exchange Program, a re-envisioned volunteer centre program for the Sunshine Coast.
- connect with and recruit community members, groups, organizations and businesses to join the Knowledge Exchange program
- assist in the implementation of the Resource Centre Marketing & Communication Plan which includes social media and website updates and research and options for the development of a Knowledge Exchange app
- research, draft and update content, resource map and directories, links, etc. on our WordPress website
- assist with the day-to-day operations of the Resource Centre and other administrative support duties as required
Duration: 30 hours/week for 10 weeks (between mid June and end of August). Hourly rate: $15.00.
The Resource Centre is an inclusive and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from all students including those who are indigenous, LGBTQ, immigrant and refugee and disabled.
Please send your resume to Christabelle Kux-Kardos, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 pm on May 22, 2018. For more information, email or call 604 885 4088.