Coordinator: Seniors Initiatives – Contract Position
To coordinate initiatives and projects related to seniors including but not limited to support of the Seniors Planning Table, Seniors Information and Outreach Navigator and Seniors Expertise Exchange.
- End to end project management – includes budgets and resources; planning and time lines, reporting to funders for various senior’s initiatives.
- Provide information, referral, support and outreach to seniors, their families and other seniors serving agencies.
- Coordinate logistics and delivery of outreach, information sessions, and workshops.
- Represent the Resource Centre’s programs and services at the Seniors Planning Table and other community meetings as required.
- Provide administrative support to meetings, including logistics, agenda planning with the chair, distribution of meeting material, and communication with members and guests of the Seniors Planning Table.
- Using a community development approach to work with the Seniors Planning Table and other relevant senior’s organizations, to encourage cross-sectoral involvement from government, community organizations, individuals, businesses, and communities of geography and interest to build a network of communication, support, and action related to seniors.
- Establishment of an Advisory Committee for Senior’s Knowledge Volunteerism.
- Promotion of senior’s volunteerism through training, presentations in the community and the organizing and execution of a day long workshop focused on senior’s knowledge volunteerism.
Terms of Employment
The hours of work will be 20 – 25 hours per week during office hours, with some evenings and weekends as required. This appointment will be until March 31, 2019, with potential for extension dependent on funding.
Reports to the Executive Director of the Resource Centre and liaises with the Board director and/or advisory group of the project as needed.
- Clear communication (written and verbal), computer, organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of senior’s issues, resources and experience working with seniors
- Ability to apply community development principles and processes
- Work within deadlines with achieved results
- Skills in community consultation, capacity building, consensus building and conflict resolution
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with community groups and diverse stakeholders.
- Proven experience liaising with community service providers
- Excellent skills in group facilitation and presentations.
- Knowledge of the cultural and geographic diversity of the Sunshine Coast
- Knowledge of community resources and services for seniors locally and provincially
- Knowledge and sensitivity to vulnerable populations.
The coordinator is expected to provide:
- Home office or access to office space with meetings at the Resource Centre and in community.
- Phone, computer and internet.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as required. Mileage will be covered for outreach activities.
Please send resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Cheryl McNicol at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10, 2018