Job Posting – Program Assistant
Program Assistant – Summer Youth Position
30 hours/week for 12 weeks starting early to mid-June 2019
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 30?
- Do you want to work for a dynamic and growing non-profit organization on the Sunshine Coast
- Are you tech savvy with excellent communication and interpersonal skills?
- Are you planning a career in business, communications/marketing, social services or similar program?
Then we want YOU!!
We are actively recruiting for a temporary full-time Program Assistant to support our various programs and services.
The full job description is outlined below. Please send a resume and cover letter to Kara McDougall, Program Manager at email@example.com by Friday, May 17, 2019.
- To provide program support for the Resource Centre including client reception, communications and social media, database and promotional material updates and more.
Working with our friendly and passionate team of staff and volunteers you will:
- update our Community and Non-Profit Organization Directories – includes doing research, contacting organizations to verify information and updating content in print and online
- update our maps of community, government and social service providers on the Coast
- assist in the implementation of the Resource Centre Marketing and Communication initiatives which includes a marketing project for 2019 as well as ongoing e-newsletter content development, social media and website updates
- research, draft and update content etc. on the WordPress website
- assist with developing a list of potential funding resources for Resource Centre projects and assist with grant applications when needed
- provide client service, reception and intake for our busy programs including: Information and Referral, Legal Advocacy and Aid programs, Volunteer Sunshine Coast, Seniors and Community Volunteer Income Tax Drop-Off
- provide assistance or represent the Resource Centre at outreach events
- identify, develop and implement one “Passion Project”, a project that focuses on a topic that you are passionate about and that will support the mission of the Resource Centre at the same time, to be discussed with the supervisor
- assist with the day-to-day operations of the Resource Centre and other administrative support duties as required
Terms of Employment
The hours of work will be 30 hours per week for 12 weeks starting early to mid June 2019 until end of August 2019. The person hired will work typical office hours Monday to Friday, with some evenings and weekend work as required.
Reports to the Program Manager and Executive Director.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Must be a youth age 15 – 30 to apply
- Have high school or post-secondary level education
- Have an interest in or enrolled in social services, marketing and communications, research or similar program
- Are personable, have strong written & oral communication skills and like connecting with people in the community
- Social media and computer tech savvy (particularly Facebook and WordPress)
- Are able to work independently over the course of a day and are available 30 hours/week for 12 weeks between June-August
- Would like to be mentored by some amazing people and want to be part of a dynamic team
We are an inclusive and supportive workplace.