The Hub of Social Services on the Coast

Information and Referral

Information and Referral is the core of what we do here at the Community Resource Centre.

We can refer you to all kinds of services - including child care.

We can refer you to all kinds of services. (Photo by Sylvia Kind.)

What does that mean?

Information: The Community Resource Centre keeps informed on the many resources and services which are available to members of the community on the Sunshine Coast, and we share that information.

Referral: When you need a service and you don’t know where to start you can start here at the Resource Centre! You can share with us your needs, in confidence, and we’ll refer you to the organization that is best suited to help you achieve your goals.

There is no cost for this service.

“We moved here full-time two years ago and have worked hard at making connections. The Resource Centre helped!” – Female Resident, Sechelt

Online Directories

Services Directory – We have a full listing of services available on the Sunshine Coast in our online Services Directory. You can search the directory alphabetically by name of organization, or by subject, using the pull down menu.

Non-Profit Directory – This PDF list of Non-Profit Organizations on as part of the Volunteer Sunshine Coast Program. 



If you’re feeling like you’re on a wild goose chase trying to find the right organization to talk to, call us. That’s what we’re here for. We are an information hub – the place to start your search.        

Here are just some of the questions we’ve answered for people:

  • Where is the food bank?
  • Who can help me with income assistance or finding employment?
  • Is there a place I can borrow toys for my visiting grandkids?
  • Is there someone who can help me fill in my government form?
  • Where can I find out about volunteering opportunities on the Sunshine Coast?
  • Where can I get information about landlord – tenant issues?
  • Where do I go to get help with legal issues?

When I moved out on my own, you were there to answer many of my questions and give me support. Young Adult, Sechelt

In many cases, we’ll refer you to another organization that has the expertise to help you. But there are some services the Resource Centre itself offers.

  • formsWe can help you access online forms or download printable forms. We can also help with completing forms and applications (for example, if you need to replace a document or apply for a program like the rental assistance program), or we will refer you to others who are knowledgeable in that particular area.
  • Through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP), community organizations host free tax preparation clinics and arrange for volunteers to prepare income tax and benefit returns for eligible individuals who have a modest income and a simple tax situation. The Community Resource Centre & the Gibsons Public Library are year round drop off locations on the Sunshine Coast. During March and April there are tax clinics at a variety of locations on the Coast.

Fetch Sunshine Coastfetch-sunshine-coast-logo

Fetch is a Community Health resource for the Sunshine Coast, with listings of health care professionals and services for seniors, children, youth, families, First Nations and issues such as employment or counselling. It includes a list of physicians accepting new patients. Fetch is maintained by the Sunshine Coast Division of Family Practice.


If you need help outside the Community Resource Centre’s office hours, or in a language other than English, bc211 is available 24/7, 365 days a year.

bc211 is a non-profit organization that specializes in providing free confidential information and referral to community, government and social services in British Columbia.

There are many ways to contact bc211:

  • Dial 211 on your telephone.
  • TTY is available for Deaf/Hard of Hearing Callers at 604-875-0885.
  • Text the name of your city to 211 on your smartphone.
  • Visit their website at where you can search for services or email them from the contact page.

They also provide other help lines available in British Columbia, which include:

  • VictimLink BC
  • Problem Gambling Help Line
  • Youth Against Violence Line
  • Alcohol and Drug Information and Referral Service