Navigating legal issues can be stressful and expensive.
Read below to learn more about how we can connect you to Legal Aid and information on a wide range of legal issues.
Click here for our Community Legal Advocacy Program, which can offer full representation on issues such as tenancy, income and disability assistance, employment issues and more.
Legal Information Program
As a Community Partner with the Legal Services Society (LSS), we can help you:
- Apply for legal aid representation (if financially eligible) for:
- Call the Family Law Line to access ‘next step’ legal advice on family law issues (divorce/separation, child custody, division of assets/debts, protection orders etc.).
- Find other free legal information and resources on a wide range of topics including:
- Family Law (divorce, separation process)
- Child custody and protection
- Aboriginal-specific issues (Gladue Reports etc.)
- Civil and Administrative (small claims, wills and estates, personal planning, human rights, landlord/tenant issues etc.)
- Mediation options
- Legal and court procedures
- Get access to basic court forms and find court services
- Provide referrals to local and provincial legal organizations and resources
- Provide referrals to local lawyers, mediators and notary publics
Legal Aid and Information appointments are available Mondays and Wednesdays.
To make an appointment: call 604-885-4088 or email legalinfo [at] resourcecentre.ca