Navigating legal issues can be stressful and expensive.
As a Community Partner with Legal Aid BC (LSS), we can help you:
- Apply for legal aid representation (if financially eligible) for:
- Call the Family Law Line to access ‘next step’ legal advice on family law issues (divorce/separation, child custody, division of assets/debts, protection orders etc.).
- Find other free legal information and resources on a wide range of topics including:
- Family Law (divorce, separation process)
- Child custody and protection
- Aboriginal-specific issues (Gladue Reports etc.)
- Civil and Administrative (small claims, wills and estates, personal planning, human rights, landlord/tenant issues etc.)
- Mediation options
- Legal and court procedures
- Get access to basic court forms and find court services
- Provide referrals to local and provincial legal organizations and resources
- Provide referrals to local lawyers, mediators and notary publics
- We also offer a separate Community Legal Advocacy Program, which provides full representation on issues such as tenancy, income and disability assistance, employment issues and more.
Legal Aid and Information appointments are available Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
To make an appointment: call 604-989-4945 or email legalinfo [at] resourcecentre.ca