Legal Aid & Information
Navigating legal issues can be stressful and expensive.
As a Community Partner with Legal Aid BC (LSS), we can help you:
- Apply for legal aid representation (if financially eligible) for:
- Call the Family Law Line to access ‘next step’ legal advice on family law issues (divorce/separation, child custody, division of assets/debts, protection orders etc.).
- Find other free legal information and resources on a wide range of topics including:
- Family Law (divorce, separation process)
- Child custody and protection
- Aboriginal-specific issues (Gladue Reports etc.)
- Civil and Administrative (small claims, wills and estates, personal planning, human rights, landlord/tenant issues etc.)
- Mediation options
- Legal and court procedures
- Get access to basic court forms and find court services
- Provide referrals to local and provincial legal organizations and resources
- Provide referrals to local lawyers, mediators and notary publics
- We also offer a separate Community Legal Advocacy Program, which provides full representation on issues such as tenancy, income and disability assistance, employment issues and more.
To make a Legal Aid & Information appointment: call 604-989-4945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org