Community Legal Advocacy Program
The Sunshine Coast Resource Centre runs a legal advocacy program here on the Sunshine Coast.
Funded by the Law Foundation of BC, this program offers a free service to Sunshine Coast community members who are unable to afford traditional legal advice or representation.
Residents can receive support, guidance and where possible, full client representation at hearings and tribunals for the following issues:
- Residential Tenancy Issues & Evictions
- Income Assistance applications and appeals
- PWD, Disability Assistance and appeals
- Employment standards problems
- Human rights issues
- Other areas where a different way to resolve a dispute is the preferred solution to the courts
The legal advocate cannot assist with legal issues related to criminal charges, family law or civil law issues (ie. wills and estates, small claims court). Please see the Resource Centre’s Legal Information Program for how we can support you on in these areas.