The Sunshine Coast Resource Centre is a host organization for the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) in collaboration with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Our team of community volunteers will help you with the preparation of current and prior-year tax returns. CVITP is available all year, free of charge to everyone who meets the eligibility criteria. If mobility is a challenge, volunteers may be able to get help and information over the phone. To qualify you must have a simple tax situation.To find out if you are eligible and/or to make a tax preparation appointment please give us a call.
- Individuals with income up to $40,000.
- Families with income up to $50,000 for two people +$2500 for each additional dependant.
- Couples must provide complete tax information for both spouses
- The program does not serve clients with employment expenses, self-employment income, rental property income or capital gains.
- Interest Income must be less than $1000.
2023 RESOURCE CENTRE TAX CLINICS: This tax season, in-person tax clinics at The Resource Centre are Fridays -9am-4pm in March & April. Appointments are required. Or, you can make an appointment to drop off/pick-up your tax information outside of these times. Call 604-885-4088 to book and for more information.
1- IN-PERSON TAX CLINICS
- Sunshine Coast Resource Centre, Sechelt Fri 9 - 4 By appointment: 604 885-4088
- Sechelt Seniors Activity Centre Tue 10 - 3 By appointment: 604 740-2184
- Sechelt Public Library Wed 10 - 6 By appointment: 604 885-3260
- Gibsons & District Public Library Fri 10 - 4 By appointment: 604 886-2130
- Pender Harbour Community School Mon 9 :30 - 1 Walk In (1st come–1st served)
- Pender Harbour Health Centre Wed 9 - 12 Walk In (1st come–1st served) Or phone Harry for appointment @ 604 741-5132
2- Drop Off (your tax information) / Pick Up (your completed tax return)
- Sunshine Coast Resource Centre Drop-off by appointment Call first: 604 885-4088 (next to Scotiabank, in Sechelt) 107A - 5710 Teredo St Mon - Thurs 10 - 2
- Gibsons & District Public Library 470 South Fletcher Rd During Library hours
- Calvary Baptist Church of Gibsons 711 Park Rd (ring doorbell) Tues - Fri 9 - 1
- VCH Home and Community Care Office 5630 Inlet Ave Mon - Fri 9 - 3
- Community School 5012 Gonzales Rd Mon - Fri Drop-off: Mail slot
- Health Centre 5066 Francis Peninsula Rd Mon - Fri 9 - 4 Drop-off: Reception
3-Telephone Tax Clinics (Everything done over the phone)
- Call 604 886-1995 - This is the 3rd year this service has been offered.
TELEPHONE TAX CLINICS: If mobility is an issue, or you'd simply prefer help with taxes over-the-phone, call Louis (CVITP volunteer coordinator) to book into a telephone tax clinic at 604-886-1995.