Funded by the Law Foundation of BC, this program offers free advocacy services to Sunshine Coast community members. Advocates provide free legal information, advocacy, and representation to low-income people in the community. Funded by the Law Foundation of BC, Sunshine Coast residents can receive support, guidance and where possible, full client representation at hearings and tribunals for the following issues:
- Income Security, income assistance
- Tenancy Issues: Residential Tenancy Agreement (RTA) and non-RTA issues including mobile homes, Co-ops, shared accommodation, and room rentals
- Persons with Disability (PWD) and CPP-Disability (CPP-D)
- Employment Law: EI, ESB
- Old Age Security
- Debt and Consumer Law
- Workers’ Rights
- Civil Resolution Tribunal (CRT) assistance on co-op, non-RTA housing, and small claims.
- Human rights issues
- Other areas where a different way to resolve a dispute is the preferred solution to the courts
Please note: Our advocate cannot assist with legal issues related to criminal charges, family law or civil law issues (ie. wills and estates, small claims court). Please see our Legal Aid & Information Program for how we can support you in these areas.