If you have a family law or child protection issue, you may qualify for help from family duty counsel (FDC) or a family advice lawyer, even if you do not qualify for a legal aid lawyer.These services are intended to assist people with lower incomes who are representing themselves in court. There is a maximum amount of time that these lawyers can spend assisting you.FDC are lawyers who can provide advice about:
  • parenting time or contact,
  • guardianship / parenting time,
  • child support,
  • spousal support,
  • property (limited advice),
  • tentative settlement agreements,
  • child protection, and
  • court procedures.