The Sunshine Coast Resource Centre is a host organization for the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) in collaboration with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Our team of community volunteers will help you with the preparation of current and prior-year tax returns. CVITP is available all year, free of charge to everyone who meets the eligibility criteria. If mobility is a challenge, volunteers may be able to get help and information over the phone. To qualify you must have a simple tax situation.To find out if you are eligible and/or to make a tax preparation appointment please give us a call.
- Individuals with income up to $40,000.
- Families with income up to $50,000 for two people +$2500 for each additional dependant.
- Couples must provide complete tax information for both spouses
- The program does not serve clients with employment expenses, self-employment income, rental property income or capital gains.
- Interest Income must be less than $1000.
2022 RESOURCE CENTRE TAX CLINICS: This tax season, in-person tax clinics at The Resource Centre are Mondays & Fridays -10am-3pm in March & April. Appointments are required. Or, you can make an appointment to drop off/pick-up your tax information outside of these times. Call 604-885-4088 to book and for more information.
TELEPHONE TAX CLINICS: If mobility is an issue, or you'd simply prefer help with taxes over-the-phone, call Louis (CVITP volunteer coordinator) to book into a telephone tax clinic at 604-886-1995.