We are committed to providing volunteer services and raising funds to enhance the quality of healthcare on the Sunshine Coast. We run the Sunshine Coast Healthcare Auxiliary Thrift shop, the Sechelt Hospital Gift Shop, and the Medical Equipment Loan Cupboard at the the hospital. We also provide care services to Long Term Care Residents at Totem Lodge, Shorncliffe, and 2nd Floor South at the hospital. We provide funding for health related services through our Granting Program and through individual Branch fundraising. We have four Branches: Hopkins Landing, Gibsons, Sechelt, Halfmoon Bay and over 350 volunteers.
Types of Possible Volunteer Opportunities Available:
- Thrift Store – sorting donations, stocking, checking that items work and have all necessary parts, sales, cashiers, floor assistants, garbage removal, recycling.
- Gift Store – buying, merchandising, sales
- Loan Cupboard – cleaning, inventory administration, loaning, repairing
- Care Services for Long Term Care facilities – reading, games, companionship
- Supporting Healthcare workers & programs
- Making PPE, supplying & stocking Chemo Bags for patients, making baby items for infants born at the hospital
- Branch Fundraising – Bake Sales, raffles, Pancake Breakfast, clothing exchanges, crafts, knitting, quilt-making, etc.
Possible Volunteer opportunities available at the numerous events that are put on and attended by the Auxiliary including Healthcare Auxiliaries Day, Pender Harbour May Day, Canada Day Parade, Halfmoon Bay Pancake Breakfast, Hopkins Landing Clothing Exchange, Healthcare Workers (Staff) Appreciation Day, SCHA Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
By volunteering with our organization you will be giving back to the community and knowing that all fundraising goes to support Healthcare on the Sunshine Coast. Also, it is a great way to make new friends in a good spirit of camaraderie.